Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Victoria!

I came home from a lovely few nights away with my best bud to find out that Kirb had made plans for us to hang out with the always-fun-and-always-amazing Tim and Laura! The weather man called for rain all day, but we were all like, whatever, BARBECUE!!!

Kirb and I headed over to our local meat market where the lovely owner proceeded to give us a tour of his entire store. I immediately got all worried that we would be late to get to our pal's place if we stood around any longer looking at products so I kind of rushed the transaction along. When we got outside, Kirb told me that it is very rare to have the FULL-ON attention and knowledge of the store owner in our midst and we should be grateful for every moment. I guess that's kind of what I like about him (Kirby) - the way he can make me look at a situation from a total different prospective... So we ended up buying a rack of ribs and a few kabobs and they were a TOTAL hit at the BBQ party!

Tim even made a toast to the day - it was very poignant at the time, but for the life of me I can't recall a single word. I think there was some reference about the weather and good friends/good times. Thank god for photographs.


Kirb and Laura were obviously pleased by the toast. You can tell by their posture. Super pleased.
Suddenly, Laura asked me if I wanted to get down... with FLOPPY FACE! I believe I took this picture in the moment of excitement.

I got RIGHT in to it, but regrettably my camera has that whole focus thing that is tough to figure out. I could REALLY use another point and shoot digital camera (hint *cough* hint - my *cough* birthday is coming up...**)

You gotta admit it, Laura is a true sport!

Again, issues with the whole camera-focus-weirdness thing. And my birthday is coming up. Ahem.

All in all, the Victoria Day long weekend of 2008 was a good one for me! I spent time with good friends and got to go on all sorts of different out of town adventures. Thank God that hoodie didn't have baggier sleeves; this could've been a Britney moment (circa 2007.)

xo K

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Red hair, blue eyes, loves her fella, her cat and neighbourhood, and the brand new boots she just bought. Seriously. They feel like slippers.