Thursday, June 26, 2008

As of this Evening...

I have five (5) - that's right - FIVE (5) days off work - woo to the hoo hoo! I am so delirious, I don't even know where to start. I had a shift at the Bee tonight, and every once and awhile, I would catch myself grinning from ear-to-ear thinking about the fact that I have no routine for five (5) - that's right - five (5) days! Not that work is bad or anything, but it's just really exciting to know that I can do my own thing and not have to report to anyone (except my fella, but not in a weird way, just a respectful way.)

There are many birthday's coming up and many to still make good on. To my best friend, I have a gift I've made for you. You might hate it, but that's cool. I'm convinced you'll hold on to it (at the very least) for nostalgia alone. My fella's birthday is creeping up super fast; I really have to get on that. There's also my Brother-in-Law, the Cous' then my perfect Niece, Lauren, and of course, me :) Then Gram and Meliss - all those birthdays within a month! We should just have monthly, or even better, quarterly birthday parties. If your birthday happens to fall within a certain few months, the party is then dedicated to you... and whoever else in the family happens to have a birthday within those months. I think I'm on to something. What a way to get the fam and pals together every few months for a set time. I call POTLUCK! Of course, I am also a big fan of impromptu parties. What a pickle.

I'm feeling the need for a pictorial blog, so I've scrolled through my Picasa files on the hunt for a good story, and I fell upon my last long weekend pics up at the cottage!

Emma was super excited about her vegetable garden. She had all sorts of things growing in straight lines, and the very next day a bud came out quite close to where this shot was taken!


Roo was the perfect guard dog. He immediately took on the role of MIGHTY and WISE protector. A mouse couldn't poop in that place without Roo letting him know who the boss is.
This stick/log was a favourite. I think it might have something to do with the primal need to keep your teeth cleaned. Or maybe bark is actually really super tasty. Who am I to judge? It's not like I've ever tried it!
This was the two of us on the ride home in the lineup at Timmy Ho's. I had just applied the blush. Kirb always tells me that I overdo it, and I never agree. But right now, I think I've seen the light, and Roo seems to have too.

Anywho, back to the weekend. I want to spend tomorrow organizing as best I can. The place isn't THAT big; I think I can totally do it. I love spending a day getting sorted. There's something so liberating about it!

Ramona is howling downstairs. She's 18 now. Super old for a kitty cat. I better check on her.

G'nite.

xo K

1 comment:

emilie-claire said...

Loooove those pics.. Aw - you and the Roo. Sweet!

About Me

My photo
Red hair, blue eyes, loves her fella, her cat and neighbourhood, and the brand new boots she just bought. Seriously. They feel like slippers.