Monday, April 25, 2011

2011 Update

Hi Gang,


A few months back, I was all caught up in the festive spirit n' stuff, and had the BRILLIANT idea to hammer out a list of New Year's resolutions on this here blog. I figured I'd feel much more accountable if I "put it out there" for the world to see.


As winter has turned in to spring, I've found myself thinking back to that list and figuring it's only fair that I update my loyal blog readers on my progress to date. Gulp. Again:



  1. Enroll for my next photography course at Ryerson (beginning in the spring term). Oops, I've gotta get on this. I've got a busy spring this year, so I'm thinking the fall term would be a wiser bet...


  2. Broaden my taste in music. I haven't done too bad on this one (thanks to my faithful pal, Emilie, who made me a special play list for me to listen to at the office including 9 to 5 by Miss Dolly Parton!) I'm also listening to the radio more as I'm working. I love how it cuts out everything and almost acts like white noise (except SO much better) whilst I'm typing away.


  3. Get our passports. Shoot. I have no excuse for not doing this one :(


  4. Finally officially change my name at the bank, the Bay etc. Done. Thank you very much.


  5. Blog more. 50/50 on this one. It has been a busy few months of crafting and party planning.


  6. Lose the weight I gained whilst nesting with my new husband (this goal will be complete by Maya's wedding day on May 22). I'm half way there :)


  7. Resist the urge to pick at my face when I'm anxious. Oops.


  8. Drink more peppermint tea. Again, 50/50.


  9. Get my wedding ring re-dipped. I still haven't done this and it drives me crazy every day of my life. If I don't do this one by the next time I update this list of resolutions, I give you permission to give me what for.

  10. Be better at keeping in touch with the people in my life that I treasure. Check. It just hit me that my Dad's going to be 70 in a few days. Wow. Mental note, call Daddy on his birthday.

  11. Shave my legs more. I shaved them today. Although the last time (before today) I did was a few weeks ago. I gotta get on this (especially with the summer months quickly approaching!)


  12. See more movies (did you know the Humber is re-opening!?) Check. The Humber has yet to be re-opened, but I've been to see a few at the K-Way including Barney's version (AWESOME) and another one with Reese Witherspoon (and it was just so bad I had to walk out in a huff.)


  13. Empty the change from my pockets/wallet at the end of each day and save it for EMERGENCIES or VERY SPECIAL purchases only. I did this for all of January, and most of February, but I eventually caved to the temptation of the shiny coins and hulled them over to the local coinster to make an easy 75 + bucks when I was in a pinch :( I'll get back on it; it adds up so fast!


  14. Hone my crafting skills. Check AND mate! I've recently been doing a lot of crating by offering to make the loot bags for a handful of parties I've attended in the last few months. I've gotta say, crafting is one of my most favourite things.


  15. Organize the home office. 75/25. We asked for some shelving for Christmas, so it made room for a lot of stuff (mostly Kirby's electronics) but the desk needs a refurbishing, and it would be fun to get some new art for the walls. Let's call this one a "work in progress."


  16. Give our neighbours a spare key (just in case). Oops.


  17. Think twice (or even three times) before making random purchases. I think I've done pretty okay with this one... although I did buy those Jessica Simspon "Mom jeans" from the Bay a few weeks ago (that, for some reason, I just couldn't stop thinking about...)


  18. Buy a queen sized bed. Cooper takes up the majority of our double, and don't even TRY to move him when he's out cold; it's not pretty. Check and mate AND game! We've had it for a few months now, and its made a world of difference!


  19. Live more in the present, but also plan more for the future. SO done. We're enjoying life, and taking leaps and bounds towards planning for our future.


  20. Cook more. Not doing so good in this department. Thank God Kirb's such a good cook, or I'd swear I'd starve to death. Okay, that's a little dramatic; I'm sure I'd find SOMETHING to eat, but I'd likely make the best of friends with the local food joints.


  21. Sing more. I don't know how it would be possible for me to do this any less. I was obviously caught up in the festive season when I tapped out that one!
HOLY COW. Thanks for sticking it out. Since you're so interested, I promise I'll send along an other update soon :)


xo Kate

1 comment:

VeeandDee said...

Well after lurking on your blog for years I guess its finally time to declare myself a follower. I love your photography and your humour is just fantastic!

It was SO nice to see you the other night at Em's show.

Veronica

P.S. Feel free to lurk on my blog anytime

About Me

My photo
Red hair, blue eyes, loves her fella, her cat and neighbourhood, and the brand new boots she just bought. Seriously. They feel like slippers.