1.Enroll for my next photography course at Ryerson (beginning in the spring term). Okay, this never happened. My boss even offered to pay half of my course fees, but still, the year came and went and I haven't found myself sitting in a classroom. Therefore, I propose adding this to the top of my 2012 resolution list (again, beginning in the spring term). Done. I already feel like less of a failure!
2.Broaden my taste in music. This is still going strong although, I can't seem to figure out itunes for the life of me. I take that back, it's not that I can't figure out itunes, I just can't figure out how to get the songs from my computer to my music listening device. Kirb has showed me multiple times, but it doesn't seem to stick. I also just purchased the new "She and Him" Christmas album, but I'm gonna have to push aside my bookshelf to get to the plug for my CD player. Why is life so hard?
3.Get our passports. Nope, still haven't done this and I better soon or else we won't be able to get to the hobo convention next year: http://www.brittiowa.com/hobo/index.htm
4.Finally officially change my name at the bank, the Bay etc. Complete.
5.Blog more. Today is the beginning of the rest of my (bloggin') life.
6.Lose the weight I gained whilst nesting with my new husband (this goal will be complete by Maya's wedding day on May 22). Okay, so I was half way there in the spring, but somehow I managed to go half way back... so now I find myself exactly where I was at the beginning. My girlfriend, Amanda, asked me to be her maid-of-honour in July 2012 so this gives me even more incentive to get gorgeous again!
7.Resist the urge to pick at my face when I'm anxious. This is a lifelong battle.
8.Drink more peppermint tea. Why did I put this one on my list of resolutions again?
9.Get my wedding ring re-dipped. Okay, so I still haven't done this one (meaning you have free reign to give me what for) But to be honest, I'm kinda liking the look of the gold and silver together now...
10.Be better at keeping in touch with the people in my life that I treasure. I'm doing the best that I can... Turns out that there are a heck of a lot of people that I treasure out there!
11.Shave my legs more. Don't even ask. All I can say is thank goodness I'm so fair haired!
12.See more movies. 50/50. The last one that I saw in the theatre was, "One Day". I went to the Humber. It was just me and one other gal in the theatre. I really wanna see "Drive" starring (my boyfriend) Ryan Gosling.
13.Empty the change from my pockets/wallet at the end of each day and save it for EMERGENCIES or VERY SPECIAL purchases only. Oh my goodness this is one of the best things that I've done this year! The change jar is SO full that it's overflowing in to the bowl I put it in! Kirb and I are gonna use the savings to take our parents out for a fancy din din :)
14.Hone my crafting skills. Oh ya baby! Hil, Amanda and I were a HUGE hit at this year's ESA craft show with our homemade hair fascinators:
15.Organize the home office. Done-de-done-d0ne-done.16.Give our neighbours a spare key (just in case). Shoot.
17.Think twice (or even three times) before making random purchases. I'm getting good at thinking twice, but unfortunately the second think usually wins :(
18.Buy a queen sized bed. Yeppers!
19.Live more in the present, but also plan more for the future. Our savings plan is in full swing, and I am presently REALLY enjoying a Tim Hortons coffee...
20.Cook more. I've mastered a quinoia salad, but that's about it.
21.Sing more. Pshhhh, this one's easy. In fact, I'm just about to hop in the shower and plan to do a festive rendition of, "This one's for the Children" by the New Kids on the Block.
Okay, I gotta jam; Mom's on her way over and I haven't begun to beautify!
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!
xo Kate

1 comment:
Resist the urge to pick at my face when I'm anxious. This is a lifelong battle.
Why oh why can't we stop? I just picked a freaking hole in my face listening to Noah fuss as he woke up early from a nap and it "stressed" me because I didn't know if I should leave him or go get him. LORDY LORDY. Perhaps this is why we still suffer from teenager skin!!
Post a Comment