Yesterday was a busy morning; Kirb and I wanted to pack in as much as possible before heading to Etobicoke for an appointment at 1:30 p.m. Our itinerary included:
- Wakin' up
- A Timmy Ho's run
- An estate sale that was 10 plus blocks south of our house
- A visit to Mountain Equipment Co-op to purchase a helmet, lock and lights for Betty
- Picking up Betty from my office and finally bringing her home!
We hit the pavement around 9:15 a.m. (Kirb had already taken care of the Timmy Ho's run) and we made our way south to the estate sale that started at 9:30 a.m. When we got there, the organizer told us that it didn't actually start until 10:00 a.m. and asked us to hang around and wait outside. As mentioned previously, we had a lot on the go and wanted to get a move on, so I gave him my best pouty face and he quickly caved and let us have first run of the house - yippee! Kirb got an adding machine and an Atari display case, and I snagged this AWESOME vintage lamp for next to nothing!
Kirb finds it terribly amusing that I purchased a lamp on the same day as Earth Hour. I'm just happy that it fits in so well with our decor (and has three different lighting options to boot!) There was so much teak furniture, and an awesome pleather chair that I was SO close to buying, but alas, we had a lot on the go, and didn't have a car to haul everything home in, so I tore myself away...
....Just before leaving our house, on a whim, I checked Craigslist to see if there were any other local sales going down, and as luck would have it, there was one at the legion in Bloor West Village. The timing was tight, but we figured we should strike while the iron was hot. And let me tell you, the iron was SCORCHING hot at this sale! Lookit these adorable prints I got for 8 bucks!
This one's me...
And this one's Kirb!
The
resemblance is uncanny, no?
xo Kate
PS - Happy beginning of garage sale season!
No comments:
Post a Comment