Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Friday Night

Okay, so I'll be the first to admit it - we got a little wild last Friday night. Not only did we stuff ourselves with sushi, but we discovered a new patio, popped in on good friends, and kept the party going WELL past our bedtimes :(

At the point that these pics were taken, Jenn and I had made good on our BRILLIANT idea to cap off the night with a plate of nacho goodness at the local pub. We walked in and the Bartender bellowed, "Two Carlsburgs, ladies." And we were all, like, "Okay!" Jenners wasn't in to the whole photo shoot idea at first, but she eventually caved - much like her SUPPOSED distaste for karaoke, but we'll talk about that later...

This is when Jenn thought it would be loads of fun to make goofy faces at the camera.

And this is when the goofy face game was over and she decided to work on her nice picture face. I have to say that I MUCH prefer the nice picture face. I will have to work on mine for her BIG day (wedding day, that is.) After all these years of photgraphs, I still haven't pinned down my good side. I'm sure that practicing will be much fun!

Soon enough, I popped in to the picture. It was a sweltering day in Toronto and the two of us were super hot in our respective work oufits, so it was only right that we pop in to American Apparal for a fresh new (non sweaty) look. Jenn scored this perfect red and white striped dress with little pockets on the side, and I picked up a fuscia tank top. I know I've complained to many of you that I think AP is a wee bit over priced, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

This is me posing for the next pic.

Again, posin'.
By this time I was getting tired of the game and was ready to head home. Believe it or not, I didn't even finish my pint. Hell has officially frozen over.

Of course, our day wasn't complete without a little karaoke back at my place. Thank God Kirb wasn't home; he would've shut us down for sure!

I was quite proud of the fact that I managed to get through the whole night without spilling the beans about Jenn's surprise Bridal Shower on Sunday (thank you very much.) I was feeling a wee bit rough on Saturday morning, but was bound and determined to NOT let it ruin my day! And guess what... It didn't!? Who says I'm too old to get down with my bad self? What and ever!

xo K

1 comment:

Adrienne! said...

Hey!
Your blog is great.
I love the impromptu photo shoot.
Those are always the best.
And yes, I agree that A. Apparel is expensive... but my rule of thumb is that you don't go in there unless you are looking for something specific...like neon yellow tights to match an outfit.

Anyway,
I have a quick question for you regarding a new teeth whitening product that we are launching in the fall.
Could you send me an e mail at
adrienne@matchstick.ca
and I can tell you about an upcoming campaign that you may qualify for?
We are selecting a few hip, female, up and coming bloggers to test it out!

Thanks,
Adrienne

About Me

My photo
Red hair, blue eyes, loves her fella, her cat and neighbourhood, and the brand new boots she just bought. Seriously. They feel like slippers.