I met Alex and
Neiler in the lobby of Alex's office tower on Thursday at 5:00 p.m. We hopped in the car and started the trek out to Deer Creek Resort for the wedding
rehearsal. We got there 30 minutes beforehand which was the perfect amount of time to hit the pub for a quick pint - hooray!
After the rehearsal, we went over to Alex's folks house for the rehearsal dinner. It was an amazing Indian buffet and everyone was just so happy to be together - it was perfect.
OBVIOUSLY, Jenners and Alex couldn't sleep in the same place the night before their big day, so Jenn and I stayed at Alex's Brother, John, and his lovely wife, Tara's, place. The two of us stayed up for a wee bit chatting, but I've gotta admit, the wine at dinner got to my head and I was out pretty quick. I was so upset when I found out the next day that poor Jenn was sitting up wide awake until 3:00 a.m. I suppose I'd find it hard to fall asleep on my wedding night too...
... We woke up at 8:00 the next morning, had a quick breakfast and took off to the salon. Us Bridesmaids didn't get a chance to wear our custom-made tanks at the Bachelorette, so we decided to all wear them during the make-up process on the day. Meghan did an AWESOME job at coordinating the tank-tops :)

This is Jenn -
fresh faced on her wedding day. Not a stitch of make-up. *Bitch.
*Not really though.
Jenn really wanted an old-fashioned look for the wedding. All the gals with long hair got great-big bee-hives, and Jenner's got the most beautiful of finger waves in the front and big curls in the back. I went for a super-sleek bob.

The hairdressers were having a heck of a time with Jess's hair. Finally, they decided to add a wad of toilet paper to cheat a little height...

When Meaghan saw the toilet paper trick - she got right on it and asked her girl to add a wad to hers!
This is the final result of Jenn's do. LOVE the fastenator. Jenn had a vision in mind and found a lady who could custom make them. She got the idea for the veil back in April when we were watching the Notebook - She looked so classically beautiful.

This is Jolene - mid-make-up. Jenn's having a hoot in the background, no?
Ah, the gang. I love these girls like Sisters now :)
This was the final result of my make-up. We all went for the false eyelashes - my goodness, what fun!
I snuck this shot while Jenn was posing for the photographer. Alex is such a lucky fella!
Kirb snapped this one when I was walking down the aisle. Darn tan line, but GREAT shoes!
Kylie was loving every moment in the spotlight!
Me and my date for the evening, Jenn's Brother, Derek. What a hunk, eh?
Me and Meaghan. Love.

Such lovely girls.
Bah - Kirb wants the system now; more later!
xo K
No comments:
Post a Comment