Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Update re: the BIG Weekend Before the BIG Weekend - Friday n' Saturday

Hil picked us up from Maya's place just before 2:30 {she was uber pumped} and we headed out to the Kawartha's for the weekend of a life time! Seriously, it's not very often that you get invited to spend a weekend on three houseboats with 21 fun-and-rowdy-awesome girls!

We stopped off in Orono, Ontario for a bite to eat on the way there. And yes, of course I dragged the girls in to to the local antique shop to hunt for treasures! I happened upon the CUTEST little ashtray with a lil' yellow bunny on top. An ashtray with a BUNNY on top. Really? YES really! But more about that later.

We pulled up to Egan Marine http://www.houseboat.on.ca/ just before 6:00 p.m. and checked in. Our first mission, was to take the checklist and make sure that everything that was supposed to be in the boat was actually there. Fly swatter? Check. Life jackets? Check. And so on. Once the rest of the girls arrived, the staff led us to the movie theatre where we sat and watched the instructional video. I must say, the decor was quite rustic...

I just HAD to get a shot of it. The video was jam-packed full of information and I was just so excited I was afraid I didn't take it all in! My favourite part was the "signs of an experienced Seaman - always coil your rope after docking; this will gain you the respect of your fellow seaman.

Soon it was dusk and all the ladies gathered round to celebrate Jenn's farewell to the single life!
Everyone was in great form!
And yes, as expected, always the a-hole
CAN YOU SPOT THE BUNNY ASHTRAY IN THIS PIC?! For some reason, my treasure made Jenners super angry. Because of this fact, I insisted in including it in AS MANY PICTURES AS POSSIBLE. Burn on Jenn.

After the dance party on Boat #2 (now OFFICIALLY called, "the Semen") settled down we headed up to the roof of Boat #3 ("Lady Looselips") for some brews with the gang.

Getting up the ladder was trickier than it looked, but we eventually mastered it like pros.

We set sail the next morning. Tina was our captain and we each took turns "driving" the boat. Really, it was more like steering.

Ha ha. Check out the dashboard!
As you can see, "The Semen" were ALL over the coiled rope thing. It's the least we could do for our fellow Seamen.

Maya was an exceptional navigator!

Once we hit Fenelon Falls, we decided to check out the town. Unfortunately, it was past 6 so most of the stores were closed so we headed to this cute little coffee shop called, "Sweet-Bottoms-Coffee." The owner, John, was just lovely. He's due to have a baby girl in just a few weeks, and when Maya introduced herself to him, he somehow thought it was a sign that he should name his little girl Maya! It was all very surreal. http://www.fenelonfallschamber.com/sweet-bottoms-coffee Hilary was HELL BENT that I take a picture of her and Maya with the "Kawarthas Dairy" milk. I spose it was because we were IN the Kawarthas (now it makes sense!)

We went to The Lakehouse for dinner and Jenners got all dressed up!

This is the ENTIRE bridal party (from L to R (back) Jo, ME, Meg - from L to R (front) Tara, Jenners, Jess and Tina.)

You can tell Jo just said (or did) something naughty.

The plan was to take cabs to a bar in Coboconk called, "The Paddie House." I hopped in the first cab, and when we got there, we were greeted by a nearly empty bar! Seriously, the dance floor was roped off, it looked like a ghost town. As always, Jenn made the best of the situation and took matters in to her own hands...

And took over the DJ booth!

I lost myself in one of those games where you pump your money in the slot and use a crane to dig out a stuffed toy. Thank God it let me dig and dig until I won because it took me about a half hour, but I FINALLY managed to snag my treasure! It was such a GEM that I'm going to leave you in suspense, so when I show it to you, you will be THAT much more impressed...

Thanks to Jess's quick thinking, the cabs came back and took us back to a bar in Fenelon Falls called, "The Cow n' Sow." http://www.restaurantica.com/on/fenelon-falls/the-cow-and-sow-eatery/23007342/ It was jam-packed full of locals looking to have a good time!

The ladies took over the dance floor.

... And came together to create this masterpiece on the wall
Hil was having the best time!

And THIS is what you've been waiting for - my treasure from the Paddie House! She quickly became "the Semen's" mascot (get it? she looks a bit like a sperm... with a pearl necklace! And we're called "the Semen." I suppose I've ruined the joke now :(

---

On a WHOLE other note, TOMORROW IS THE WEDDING!! I better hop to it - "Update re: the BIG Weekend Before the BIG Weekend - Sunday" to follow in a few days...


xo K

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Red hair, blue eyes, loves her fella, her cat and neighbourhood, and the brand new boots she just bought. Seriously. They feel like slippers.