Sunday, January 11, 2009

Today I hooked up with Gram at her place and we went to our favourite restaurant for lunch, The Village Restaurant (on Spadina north of St. Clair.) Before we left her apartment, I managed to sneak a few pics of the decor in her dining room. Shutter- style doors lead you from the dining room to the kitchen. Gram has always left them propped open.

... The left-hand knob is adorned like so:

... And to the right of the doors are these three brass butterflies that always mesmerized me when I was a little girl. I remember when Aunt Brenda pointed out that you could just press the shutter door towards the wall and the light would turn on - It took me several years to figure out that the dimmer switch was behind it!

xo K

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Red hair, blue eyes, loves her fella, her cat and neighbourhood, and the brand new boots she just bought. Seriously. They feel like slippers.