Wednesday, May 6, 2009

London (Take Two)

On Saturday afternoon, Kirb and I packed our overnight bags and took the Greyhound to London. Cousin Heather was hosting an open house for everyone who hadn't met little Iris yet (and for those of us who just can't get enough of her!) Believe it or not, my camera didn't make it out of its bag until Sunday when Kirb snapped this picture of Iris and me below.

Aunt Brenda and Uncle Ian were kind enough to have us all over to their place the next day for brunch. The weather was absolutely perfect so we had lots of time to sit out on the back deck, catch up and snap away. I am 100% in love with their wonderful old girl, Smokey. She has been around so long, I can't even recall a time when she wasn't around. Even at Heather and Eric's wedding in 2005, she had to be a part of the festivities - jumping from lap to lap making sure everyone had a chance to pet her!

Heather and I thought it would be fun to take some pictures of her and Iris amongst the blossoms. This was the only picture I was able to snap (Iris spit up immediately after I released the shutter!)

Here's a pic of Iris with Uncle Kirky.

So tender.

Making faces at Kirk...

We moved the shoot down to the grass so the little one could sprawl out on Aunt Brenda's patchwork quilt. Eric had the ingenious idea to use the umbrella we were using to block the harsh sunlight as a funky backdrop for this picture of Heather, Aunt B and Iris.

And of course Eric had to get in on the action too ;) A few years from now she'll be rolling her eyes, "Dad, you're embarrassing me in front of my friends!"

I managed to snap a few more pics of smokey in the living room just before we left the house...


After we left the MacEachern's, we checked out the local antique shop where Kirb loaded up on his collector items, and believe it or not, I didn't buy a thing. I read this article in the Metro about respecting the money that you have in your pocket. I'm going to start doing that. It might take a little practice though.

I started my first photography course at Ryerson last night. It's going to be awesome. I am so excited about the upcoming assignments and can't wait to share them all with you :)


xo
K

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Red hair, blue eyes, loves her fella, her cat and neighbourhood, and the brand new boots she just bought. Seriously. They feel like slippers.