Thursday, July 16, 2009

Etobicoke

Lately I've had a fascination with all things Etobicoke. I love getting off the bus and exploring old industrial areas and snapping pictures along the way. Last weekend, I dragged Kirb out to Shorncliffe and North Queen to shoot "I Don Knows" - a beauty of a strip joint (that's currently on the market, if you're interested!) I assume this love seat comes with the place, but don't get too excited; the front is all TORN open and full of old discarded clothing and various toxins...

Click on the pic for a close-up of the mural on the wall. Priceless.

As we ventured westward, we came across the Future Bakery factory. Remember the Future's at Runnymede and Bloor? It's a bar now. All the servers have to wear brown shirts. Sad. I probably couldn't count how many cumulative hours I spent hanging out there when it was Futures.


Eventually we came along a bridge that we had to go under to get to the mall. Here's a pic I took of Kirby just before I had to put my camera away (due to the dangers of rapidly flying pebbles!)

Earlier this month, I got off the subway at Kipling; there have been a few sights teasing my eyes for months now - the clouds on this particular day were just perfect.

The cow above the butcher shop:


The heart outside the porn shop:


The drive-thru:


Apache Burgers:

My next Ryerson course doesn't start until September and I am in desperate need of a photo project. No worries though; I've been cooking something up with a few friends of mine, so stay tuned for details!

xo K

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Red hair, blue eyes, loves her fella, her cat and neighbourhood, and the brand new boots she just bought. Seriously. They feel like slippers.