Back in July, one of my best-good friends, Emilie-Claire Barlow (http://www.emilieclairebarlow.com/) was headlining an afternoon of jazz at the Hillebrand Estates in Niagara. Amanda and Ian picked me up just after lunch and we started our journey west to Canada's wine country! My fella couldn't come, so we had an extra ticket which we decided to give to Ian's Sister, Tracy, who lives in Welland. I hadn't met her before, but knew that if she was anything like Ian, we'd be totally cool. It took a little longer than usual to get out there because there was annoying construction on the highway, but when we finally reached Tracy's place, she exceeded my expectations; she's such a sweetheart, and looks sooooo much like Ian, it's crazy!

Due to the traffic (and our need to eat something) we got to the show just in time for Em's set. Seating was quite sparse, but we managed to cram our chairs in to a spot that was pretty darn close to the stage. We purchased a bottle of wine and sat back in the summer sun to enjoy the (always amazing) vocal stylings of Em. This was the first time any of my comrades had seen her perform live, so I was extra excited (and super proud to call her my friend!)

I hooted and hollered throughout the entire show, but for the life of her, Em told me she couldn't spot me in the crowd - Note to self, wear bright colours the next time around! Not only was her set amazing, but she looked fantastic too (kinda like a super hero with the stark white dress and the cut out in the front, don't ya think?)
A lot of people couldn't help but get up and shake a tail... This is the vantage point from the classy lawn seats... WAY too classy for this crew!
After the show, Amanda and I snuck in to the private area where Em was signing autographs and hung out with her Mum, Judes, until the jazz sing-er was done doin' her thang. Here's a pic that Amanda took of us - I'm wearing the earrings I wore on my wedding day and Em's doing her most prettiest picture face possible.
xo Kate




No comments:
Post a Comment