Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Schoolhouse

My good buddy, Jenn, invited me up to her cottage for the August long weekend. I'd heard so much about the "Schoolhouse" I couldn't wait to finally see it for myself!

The building is actually an old schoolhouse that her Grand Dad bought years ago (I wish I had taken photos of the inside; the chalkboard is still there and there are so many little details that make the place so unique). The shutters with the apples carved in them are the perfect final touch!

Here's Jenn (mid Yahtzee game) with her perfect little niece, Lilly.

This is Jenn and her Sister-in-law-to-be playing an alternative form of horseshoes. I just so happened to be REALLY good at this game!

Lillykins...

This was the wagon on the side of the road where we bought our lovely hostess a bouquet of flowers. The kid running the shop was so sweet!

The view from the shore.

Jenn and Winston - testing the waters...

The whirlpool.

THE SNAPPING TURTLE!

One sleepy-eyed fella.


Lilly loungin'.




Winston loungin'.

Jenn snapped these when we were watching (a truly horrifying) movie on Monday night. Obviously the dog wasn't as terrified as I was!


What a fantastic weekend!

xo Kate

1 comment:

amanda said...

That is a very cute baby.

About Me

My photo
Red hair, blue eyes, loves her fella, her cat and neighbourhood, and the brand new boots she just bought. Seriously. They feel like slippers.