We came across this collection of rocks with these cool carvings in them - this one reminded me of our dear pup, Snouts...
I wanna get in there...
And apparently, so does my guy...
Random tree along the path...
... And then we came upon THIS structure that had tons of messy graffiti for us to photograph...
After walking along the humber trail for almost an hour, we came upon the Humber Bay Arch Bridge Kirb was shocked by the fact that I had never crossed it before!
Strolling along the boardwalk, we came across this fella who was just DYING to pose for photographs - he also loved looking at his own reflection in the lake. I couldn't believe how close he let me get to him - this shot was taken within 2 feet of him!
And then he got bored of me and set sail...
By this point, we had been walking for a few hours so Kirb stopped to get us a bottle of water while I kept snappin' away at anything that caught my eye. Note to us: next time pack some water, a few snacks and some sunscreen (to protect my lily white skin from the sun's harmful rays).
It was such a beautiful day; it seemed that everyone (and their pet) came outside to bask in the sunshine. Just before we stumbled on these two, Kirb had been daydreaming about bringing Cooper camping with us this summer. Imagine our surprise when we say this man and his kitty enjoying the summer sunshine on the boardwalk. After snapping a few shots I approached him and he explained that the poor little guy has a neurological disorder that makes him have seizures. His owner discovered how much he enjoys sitting by the lake and has been bringing him down ever since. No leash, nothin'!
By this point my dogs were barking and pruning up in my winter shoes, but we trekked on up Roncies to Butler's Pantry where I enjoyed a squire and a good rest...
... Then we were off to Value Village where the pickin's were quite slim....
All in all we figure that we walked about 10 kilometres! I can't think of any other way I'd like to spend EVERY Sunday this spring and summer...
xo Kate
















No comments:
Post a Comment