I hopped on at Royal York, and sure enough, when the subway finally emerged between Royal York and Issie, there was Kirby - jogging along Bloor. The subway inched along so he was actually beating me by a mile. We sat at the station for awhile, and by the time we came out of the tunnel after Islington, I crooked my head out the window and there was my guy, just steps away from the theatre!
His plan was to run a solid 20 minutes, so since it only took him 12 minutes to get there, he ran around the parking lot while I snapped away. Oh, the memories...
My first memory of the Westwood was when my Sister took me there to see ET in her punchbuggy car (no punchbacks!) I think we went to Pizza Hut before hand. Great. Now I feel like pizza. I also saw Return of the Jedi and Star Wars here.
I had my very first double date at the Westwood with Jamie, in Grade 7. I can't recall what movie we saw, but I do remember that he put his arm around me at the very beginning and - figuring that I had to do something in response - I put my head on his shoulder... for the ENTIRE movie. I could hardly move my neck afterwards. Oh the torture of being young and in love.
This is where I used to wait for Mom to pick me up after the movie.

No comments:
Post a Comment