Sunday, August 9, 2009

Camera Dump

Ever since I started using the fancy digital SLR, I've been awfully neglectful of my little point and shoot camera. Don't get me wrong, I still snap a few pics here and there, but I'm less quick to upload them to my computer. Kirb's out this morning, so I'm taking the opportunity to get a little "system" time in, and in doing so, I find myself strolling down memory lane...

... here's Kirb the day we met after work at our buddy, Ed's, restaurant: http://arrabiata-trattoria.com. The plan was to be thrifty, relax and enjoy a few pints then head home to make dinner... but after perusing the menu, we just HAD to stay! And I'm glad we did because it was delicious!

This is me (in the beginning of June) on the Go Train heading to Oshawa for Emma's first birthday party. I LOVE taking the GO from Mimico - I'm always sure to take plenty of snacks and good reading material along for the ride. On this trip, I took my brand new hand-held Yahtzee game that I picked up at a garage sale for 25 cents! The time flew by (especially when I rolled a clean Yahtzee in one roll - It took everything in me not to hoot and holler out loud!)


And this is me at the Ryerson Photography show!! It was a super hot day in June - June 25 - the same day Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett died. The gallery is on the 5th floor of one of those old buildings on Spadina. As we climbed the stairs, it got hotter and hotter. The tiny space was full of people so I got pretty sweaty pretty fast! Chrissy was nice enough to lend me her elastic so I could pull my hair up in to a pony tail - Thank God she did; I think I would've passed out without it! I bought that dress especially for the big night - it also came in handy as my birthday dress a few weeks later. The Colour photographs are mine :)

And this is Chrissy, Hil and in the back seat of John's car after my birthday bash at Scruffy Murphy's in Etobicoke. We had THE time! I've been looking for the perfect excuse to have my buddy's come out to my favourite Etobicoke pub; my birthday worked like a charm :)

xo K

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Red hair, blue eyes, loves her fella, her cat and neighbourhood, and the brand new boots she just bought. Seriously. They feel like slippers.