Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Perfect Saturday

Thanks to the magic that is Facebook, Amanda and I hooked up a few Saturday's ago to wander the back alleyways of Toronto with our cameras :)

You see, I was hanging out at home doing my chores, and once I was done, I was itching for a reason to go out, so I put out a "feeler" on Facebook to see if anyone would bite...

Kate... is feeling like a photo shoot (or something of the like)

Amanda says... hang out with me -I'm done my shift soon, but I left my phone at home :( ... (again, something of the like.)

We met up at Butlers Pantry on Roncies and had a quick bite to eat then called up Maya to see if she was cool with us popping by so Amanda could meet her kitty, Charlie. She was cool, of course; she's always cool.

We stumbled upon this lovely arrangement on the way to Maya's house. Hot damn, I love when people put their creativity towards their garden decor - nice stuff.


The two of us stopped to take this shot; it's all about the aperture folks!


After we left Maya's place, we took a bunch of shots around the area. Here's a pic of Amanda, taking said shots of the area.


Bottom left hand corner, that's my Dad. For serious.

Eyes peeeering over the bushes... creeeeepy....

My coveted purple doorway - LOVE it :)

This is Maya's kitten, Charlie! She's always sitting in the window when guests arrive -so cute!


We stumbled across this FABULOUS garbage in an old industrial area running parallel to Dundas. I figure it must be some sort of cast offs from the Caribbana parade...

Herre's a close-up - see the paw?

I have no idea what this structure is, but I liked the shape of it.

Smoke stack.

After hours of walking we decided to stop in for a pint at, "the Local" on Roncies. I used to host a karaoke night there years ago when it was still Cafe May and Keiko owned it. Ah, the memories, but I suppose they're for another time er blog...

... It sure was a cute space, but alas, the sun went down fast so I didn't snap a ton of pics - Perfect, an excuse to visit again!


xo K

2 comments:

amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
amanda said...

I somehow just deleted my last comment. So here it is again:

I Love It! Such a lovely day!

About Me

My photo
Red hair, blue eyes, loves her fella, her cat and neighbourhood, and the brand new boots she just bought. Seriously. They feel like slippers.