Monday, August 31, 2009

Yes

A few weeks ago, Kirby invited me to the EX. Not just any day of the EX, but the opening day of the EX. I had a rough morning with Gram, and when I asked Kirb if HE was still up for the EX, he said it would be cool if we postponed it for a week and just meet at our favourite burger stand in High Park, "The Black Oak Cafe." I agreed, went home, jazzed myself up, and head to the park to wait for him on the bench across the street from our old place.

We split a burg and waited for Trackles the train, but she took too long, so we decided to stroll the park and check out all the old spots that we used to take Snouts - down the trail towards the dirt path over to dog hill around and up towards Grenadier and back down to Bloor.

OK, I'll admit it, I knew the question was coming at SOME point soon, but he was so calm, so cool that only (maybe) 20% of me thought that this could actually be the day.

It was right there - half way up the stairs to Bloor Street when he asked me (yes, on bended knee) if I'd spend the rest of my life with him. I was so ecstatic that I'm still not sure if I said yes, but I'm wearing the ring so that's a pretty good sign!

We both wanted to capture the moment - I just so happened to have my point and shoot on me so we plopped down on the stairs, and with one arm around his, a tear in my eye, and a mosquito on Kirb's arm, we snapped a picture.

xo K

3 comments:

amanda said...

Wooooo! So awesome! Congrats again!

cous h said...

WHERE IS THE PHOTO!??

Snouters said...

Ah, but that's the whole point, it was OUR moment. Corny, I know... I'll show you some day in person :)

About Me

My photo
Red hair, blue eyes, loves her fella, her cat and neighbourhood, and the brand new boots she just bought. Seriously. They feel like slippers.