Saturday, September 4, 2010

A Brand New Home

Like every Saturday, I met my Mum with no real plan in mind - only that we'd likely start the day eating breakfast out somewhere and that we'd more than likely end the day with a pint somewhere else.

Today, I convinced her to go out to Square One in Mississauga. We haven't been there together for over 10 years and I was dying to see how much the place has changed - "Changed" is an understatement. There was hardly a nook or cranny that I recognized.

The best part of the mall had to be the PJ's pets. Mum and I went in there hoping to look at a few kittens, but we walked out with all sorts of stuff for Cal's terrarium. We started off by admiring the terrariums on display when we were approached by one of the sales staff, Danielle. She just so happened to have 6 crested geckos and was an expert on everything about them. After spending less than 100 bucks I had all the makings for the perfect sanctuary for our dear pet, Calculator.

Once everything was set up and ready to go, we had to figure out the tank-to-tank transfer...


Thank goodness, Kirb's buddy was over to give us a helping hand (which was even better for me because I could take pictures!)


Here's a close up of Operation: "Tank-to-Tank Transfer!


Cal was hesitant at first, but with a little bit of coaxing, he ventured in to his new habitat (see him poking his head around his rock?


Peek-a-boo!


Happy habitating, Cal!

xo K

1 comment:

Jenn said...

looks aweseome love!

About Me

My photo
Red hair, blue eyes, loves her fella, her cat and neighbourhood, and the brand new boots she just bought. Seriously. They feel like slippers.