Friday, February 11, 2011

My Sixth Sense

As I was leaving work this evening, I had the overpowering urge to go east rather than west (towards home). I had no idea where I was going, but once my mind was made up, I strode purposely across the hall towards the opposite way I go every other night of the working week...

... As I walked along College street, I kept arguing with myself, "Why would you possibly want to take the train north from College? It's always packed at this time of night?" I convinced myself that everything would be fine, and it was. I managed to hop on the train and everything was good (except for the lady who was standing directly in front of me and breathing directly in to my face).

I got off at Yonge and headed to the Bay. It was magical. I got my fella the perfect gift for Valentine's but I can't talk about it right now because he is reading this over my shoulder. Eyes off, buster!

Then I decided to take the escalator upstairs, and couldn't help but notice this tough looking guy standing behind me... then he started talking in to a walkie talkie and the plot THICKENED. I quickly caught on to the fact that he was busy tracking a group of rowdy looking teens throughout the store. I figured it might be fun to track the guy who was tracking the teens (just to see how he approached the situation). It was fascinating. It was especially fun watching him try to blend in to the ladies lingerie section.

At one point I was on to the culprits and he was no whee to be seen. They stopped out of no where and one of them asked, "Hey buddy, where ya going?"

"I'm getting outta here." he answered.

"But where to?"

"Whatever way will get me out of here."

The guy followed them down the stairs and I watched as he watched them leave the building. Then I found myself wondering how long it would take him to find someone else to track throughout the store.

At this point I followed the HOOL-igans out of the place and decided to take the path west to Bay station. I bumped in to an old friend from high school at Bay station. We stopped; we chatted. It was nice.

Than I remembered that in my purse I had an battered old ring that I found on the floor of the subway. It was nothing to look at, but I couldn't help but think it might mean something to someone.

The lost and found was closed. Thank goodness the man in the ticket booth was pleased to hand the ring in and thanked me for my efforts. It was hardly an effort.

I hopped on the westbound subway and couldn't shake the feeling/hope that my fella was on the same train. I looked up from my book numerous times, but didn't see him anywhere. When I got off the train, I looked back one last time, but he wasn't there.

I made my way to the LCBO to pick up a few brews for the evening and guess who came up whistlin' behind me?

xo K

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Red hair, blue eyes, loves her fella, her cat and neighbourhood, and the brand new boots she just bought. Seriously. They feel like slippers.