Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Walk etc.

As discussed in my last post, I took to the streets of Toronto after work yesterday in an attempt to walk all the way home. My buddy joined me up to McCaul Street, and I'll be the first to admit that at that point, I was seriously doubting my choice to walk home from work last night. The wind was out. of. control. I figured if I stayed in the nooks and crannies, I'd be able to avoid it. Luckily, it died down close to Spadina so I kept on trekking and got some fun shots with my new fancy camera phone (thanks honey) along the way.

I had a photography teacher who used to say "Remember, no one sees the world the way you do." That has always stuck with me for some reason.

Last weekend, Kirb bought me this fancy new phone. I have been resistant for years; I liked my Samsung flip phone; I had tons of precious pics on it and didn't want to lose them. But he explained that this camera was not only WAY more powerful than the point and shoot that I currently have, but I could also access my email, pictures, the web etc. Also the quality would be print ready - HELLO.






In my early twenties, I lived on Concord Avenue (College and Ossington). Walking past some of my old favourite haunts, I couldn't help but notice just how much has changed along this strip that I used to know like the back of my hand...

... it was also right about here where I came up with my next photo project... Stay tuned...

I took a quick detour up Concord to Bloor and thought about walking on to Duffy, but by this point me feet were burning in my winter boots so I caved and took the subway the rest of the way home. My next big purchase will be a sensible pair of walking shoes (thank you very much).

xo Kate

PS - Happy Family Day weekend!

About Me

My photo
Red hair, blue eyes, loves her fella, her cat and neighbourhood, and the brand new boots she just bought. Seriously. They feel like slippers.