Tonight was my last Photo 101 session at my
alma mater,
Etobicoke School of the Arts. I got there a little early (keener) and used the opportunity to take some photographs of the hallways that hold so many memories of my
adolescence. The new administration has given the students the greenlight to decorate every doorway, nook and cranny with artwork (it IS an art school, after all!)
I doubt the higher-ups okay'd this beauty, but I couldn't help taking a shot anyway. I found this graffiti in the stairwell at the south end of the building. I remember this being the place where I found out that a group of boys referred to me as, "Red Death." Clever, huh? This was also the gang that would "Emp!" people when they passed them in the hall (a super clever form of vocal intimidation that seemed to work in high school!)

This painting, I believe, was displayed in the Drama hall.
The door to the prop room on the second floor (across from Mr. Spences' math class.)

Beside the boys bathroom on the second floor...

On the door of the main stairway on the second floor (DIRECTLY across from my grade 12 locker!)

Geography with Ms. Cushing...

On the second floor above the drama hall. I vaugley remember the "techie" teacher having an office here...

For the life of me, I can't recall where this one was located. I love how it symbolizes the abyss of modern technology and how, often, it feels like we're spinning out of control by the enormity of it all. Deep.

xo K
2 comments:
take pics of every inch of ESA! I don't remember anything!!!!!
Wait til you see the shots I got of the girls washroom!
Post a Comment