Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy Twenty Eleven!

Well chums, it's a brand new year - a time when most of us look deep within ourselves and confess on all the things we'd like to change or do differently going forward. I've spent a lot of time in my own head over the holidays and have come up with my own list of goals for 2011. I figured if I listed them here, I'd feel a wee bit more accountable:

  1. Enroll for my next photography course at Ryerson (beginning in the spring term).
  2. Broaden my taste in music.
  3. Get our passports.
  4. Finally officially change my name at the bank, the Bay etc.
  5. Blog more.
  6. Lose the weight I gained whilst nesting with my new husband (this goal will be complete by Maya's wedding day on May 22).
  7. Resist the urge to pick at my face when I'm anxious.
  8. Drink more peppermint tea.
  9. Get my wedding ring re-dipped.
  10. Be better at keeping in touch with the people in my life that I treasure.
  11. Shave my legs more.
  12. See more movies (did you know the Humber is re-opening!?)
  13. Empty the change from my pockets/wallet at the end of each day and save it for EMERGENCIES or VERY SPECIAL purchases only.
  14. Hone my crafting skills.
  15. Organize the home office.
  16. Give our neighbours a spare key (just in case).
  17. Think twice (or even three times) before making random purchases.
  18. Buy a queen sized bed. Cooper takes up the majority of our double, and don't even TRY to move him when he's out cold; it's not pretty.
  19. Live more in the present, but also plan more for the future.
  20. Cook more.
  21. Sing more.

Okay, I better stop here; I'm already overwhelmed and kinda second guessing if I should really be putting this all out there... if I press PUBLISH POST now there's no looking back. Gulp.

xo Kate

1 comment:

maya C said...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it! :)

About Me

My photo
Red hair, blue eyes, loves her fella, her cat and neighbourhood, and the brand new boots she just bought. Seriously. They feel like slippers.