Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I forgot to say...

Back in October, Ma, Kirb and I went to October Fest in Port Elgin, Ontario. It was a REAL adventure! Kirb drove most of the way. He was a real pro, but I was a bit of a mess with the maps. I think the issue was that there were too many devices going on at the same time: the GPS, the HUGE map, and the wee pocket map I bought at World's Biggest (and DEEPLY regretted because the entire trip took 5 whole page turns :(

Once we got to the motel http://www.edelweissmotel.com/, I insisted on taking my camera to explore the area. Kirb was pooped, so I ventured out alone and got some pretty neat leaf shots (if I do say so myself!)


There was also a lovely meeting with a kitty right about here, but the pics didn't turn out as I'd hoped :(

Then Kirb got a burst of energy so we went down to see the harbour in autumn. I gotta say, it's a totally different vibe than the summer. There are usually so many people milling about and waiting in line for a plate of fries, ice-cream, or cotton candy. In October, the beach is pretty desolate...

... EXCEPT FOR THIS GUY!


Here's Kirb hanging around as I take pictures. I think I tricked him in to this one by asking about my ISO or something.

Ah, the Harbourlite restaurant. There were signs for their Thanksgiving dinner on the wall. How amazing would that be! Thanksgiving. On the beach. Sigh.

After exploring the beach, we head in to town with Mum to see what's what. There was a PUBkin crawl that night, but Kirb and I weren't really in to it. Well, Kirb was, but I just didn't feel like dealing with all the hoopla. Instead, we went to the local legion with Mum for a frosty beer. Later, I managed to convinced him to join me back down at the beach...

We hung out by the water. It was quite chilly, but that was okay; it was just so quiet and calm and dark. VERY very dark.

xo K

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Red hair, blue eyes, loves her fella, her cat and neighbourhood, and the brand new boots she just bought. Seriously. They feel like slippers.