Thursday, January 6, 2011

Technology

Kirb gave me a (PINK) ipod in my stocking for Christmas. At first I was a little hesitant to bring it to work; I assumed I was the type of person who couldn't listen to music and focus on my work at the same time. I had nightmares that I circulated the meeting minutes to our directors but they had nothing to do with what they talked about at the meeting; instead I typed out every single lyric of the songs on my play list :(

With much hesitation, I decided to bring it to work on Tuesday, and not only have my nightmares turned out to be totally unwarranted, but I find that I can actually focus on my tasks even better with it on! Maya explained that it kinda works like white nose. White noise is my new best friend. I only had a few songs on there at first, but last night I packed it full of some of my most favourties:












Ever since I stopped hosting karaoke a few years ago I've realized that all those years of vocal training aren't being put to very good use anymore. SO, in 2011, I've decided that if a song plays on my brand new ipod and I'm in the mood to belt it out, I darn well will (of course, consideration for my fellow employees and pedestrians will be taken in to account).

xo Kate

PS - New Years resolution number 21 is WELL on it's way!

1 comment:

Kirby S. said...

Very cool selection, i've got many of the same albums at my place. I'm glad you are enjoying your iPod honey.

About Me

My photo
Red hair, blue eyes, loves her fella, her cat and neighbourhood, and the brand new boots she just bought. Seriously. They feel like slippers.