Saturday, January 15, 2011

Snow Day!

It was another snowy day in Toronto today, so I used the weather as the perfect excuse to stay bundled up inside and work on the samples for our Valentine's themed young crafter's class.

Originally we were going to make a gift box with a matching card, but to be honest, I'm sick of doing cards with the kids. I'm sure they want to start thinking outside of the box too...

It's time to start thinking out of the box....

... I'm sure you can imagine where this is going...

I started with this triangle box. At first I got a little confused with the measurements, but once I got my head around it, it was easy!


This project is one of my favourite ones to make lately; it's so quick and easy and the perfect size to wrap up little gifts without resorting to yet another gift bag from the dollar store.

I was SO thrilled when I stumbled on the instructions to make this miniature pizza box project! I timed myself - it took about 5 minutes to assemble - the decorating took some time and energy; I wasn't happy with my first two attempts.

Here are the three of them together.

We're going to have to teach this one a little differently than we have in the past. There are a lot of measurements for the kids to figure out, so I figure it's best if I walk them through each project step by step and have Amanda go around and help them individually as we go. Once it comes time to the decorating, we can just let them go wild!

The class is on Friday, January 28 at Bizzy B. Check out thier site: www.bizzyb.ca

xo Kate

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Red hair, blue eyes, loves her fella, her cat and neighbourhood, and the brand new boots she just bought. Seriously. They feel like slippers.