Thursday, March 27, 2008

I'm just back from another night at the shop. As usual on shop nights, I can't fall asleep for the life of me. So, I've decided to skip the whole lying in bed for hours staring at the ceiling and waiting for sleep thing, and just give in to my un-tiredness and stay up till I am tired. Kirb is not thrilled with this scenario, but them's the breaks!

I just checked in with Perez and he posted a blog of John Mayer's http://johnmayer.com/blog that I found quite captivating. It's all super-duper deep n' shit, and Perez is all like, "BORing", but I kind of loved it. This HAS to be my favourite part:

"What now, then? I can only really say for myself: Enjoy who I am, the talents and the liabilities. Stop acting careless. In fact, care more. Be vulnerable but stay away from where it hurts. Read. See more shows. Of any kind. Rock shows, art shows, boat shows. Create more art. Wear hoodies to dinner. Carry a notebook and hand it to people when they passionately recommend something and ask them to write it down for me."

Maybe that makes ME super-duper deep?! YESSSS.

On a lighter note, the Easter weekend just passed, and mine was just lovely. I somehow managed to go up .2 pounds on my "lifestyle change", but I'm not beating myself up over it :)
We went to Kirb's folk's house on Sunday. Kirb was hell bent on cooking that goose, and he actually managed to pull it off (not that I thought he wouldn't pull it off!) There was also steak, and potatoes, and chocolates and BEER (but not in that order.) Ya, so the first beer after lent wasn't nearly as awesome as I remembered it to be :( Maybe it's the whole WW thing. Maybe my body just isn't in to crap anymore. Not that beer is crap, but it is three points a bottle. Considering I'm only supposed to consume 20 points a day, that's a lot! I could always do Coors Lite... HELL NO. Also, my buddy at work said that there's some sort of really bad/crazy stigma around the company that makes it or something. I should really educate myself before blabbing on about this crap.

Oh ya, so Easter was just lovely. Kirb's niece got a super cute haircut so we just HAD to take a self portrait:

Much fun with magnets quickly ensued, but unfortunately, I can't provide a visual. Sorry folks.

I must say... I'm starting to feel the sleep coming on. Try to fight it, Kate. Just a little.. while... longer....

x...o... k

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Red hair, blue eyes, loves her fella, her cat and neighbourhood, and the brand new boots she just bought. Seriously. They feel like slippers.