Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Mini-Break to Oshawa - Round One

This is the first of a few (or maybe two) posts that I plan to post of our trip. I have tried and tried to upload additional pics, but the picture Gods appear to be against me as of late. Clusterfuck.

So, Jenn and Alex had a housewarming/engagement gathering at their new pad in Oshawa over the weekend. A gaggle of us headed down via GO-Train, and I must say, it was THE time. I was scheduled to meet A-Dawg on the High Park subway platform at 1:00 sharp, and to my delight, she brought along Michael (YESSS!) We met the rest of the gang at Union station, and Kirb immediately took charge of buying tickets and directing the whole group to the proper platform (really, we would've been lost without him.)

Jenn recently purchased a one of a king original painting from Michael (who's a FANTASTIC artist - http://www.michaelduncanclarke.com/) You can catch a wee glimpse of it in this shot on the GO. Note that the garbage bag is NOT part of the piece. This is simply the mode of transportation that Michael chose to transport the art from his studio to Jenn's place. In Oshawa.

This is a FANTASTIC photograph that my good chum, Joe, took of me. I MUST say, he managed to capture that, "Wait, let me check my face first before you take my picture" moment perfectly! I'll get you for this Joe...

Kirb and Michael enjoyed some ice-cold-frosty-beers straight from the keg (that someone had the ingenious idea of burying in the snow!) Genius. I, however, did not partake from the keg as I have given up beer for lent. My 40 days and nights are almost up and, call be crazy, but I don't really want to go back to my old beverage of choice, draft beer. I suppose this is what some would call "a light bulb moment."

I did, however, enjoy a few ceasers...

While Hil enjoyed the delicious cupcakes that the hostess and her pals made!

I have pictures of said cupcakes and said hostess on my camera, but the battery is dead. More to follow this LONG weekend. Hip hip, hip hip, hip hip HOORAY!

xo K

1 comment:

emilie-claire said...

who loves your blog?? I DO!!!

About Me

My photo
Red hair, blue eyes, loves her fella, her cat and neighbourhood, and the brand new boots she just bought. Seriously. They feel like slippers.