Unfortunately, I woke up this morning feeling like a can of smashed #$%holes - my head is pounding and my body feels like it was thrown into a potato sac and beaten against a wall. Ok, maybe I'm being a little dramatic...
On a lighter note, I was browsing through some old e-mail documents and came across some pictures that I had totally forgotten about! I just love when that happens.
My old roommate took this picture of me in the back alley behind our house. The tee was a rare find of Lisa's from Buy the Pound, and I totally remember fighting April for that beat-up old sweatshirt. When I first stumbled upon Kirby online, I sent him a message that read, "Hi Kirby." (Clever, huh?) and he responded with, "Who is this?" I responded with this picture. I suppose you could say the rest is history... or more like presently and future. It's so funny to think back to that day when you first met the person you're currently with. I had NO idea that I would be meeting my future fella when I went to the Spring Fling at the Skydome back in 1993. My friend's Mom was dating this guy from the states who would come in to town and take us all out on the town! This night it was the Hard Rock Cafe at the dome. We didn't realize there was a whole carnival going on downstairs, so that was totally an added bonus! Kirb's pal got wind that there were a gaggle of us going there and managed to (along with Kirby) totally crash the party. I can remember the moment I set eyes on him (it's even more clear since I found my old diary where I documented the meeting - let's just say it contains a bullet point list of his outfit from top to bottom - including hair and eye colour. Who you calling shallow? I was fifteen and REALLY in to Sassy magazine!)
Fast forward 12 years and we find each other again via the Internet (and totally weird "destiny" like moments, but that's a whole other story.)
I have to go eat something.
xo K

No comments:
Post a Comment