Yesterday afternoon, Kirby and I had the honour of witnessing two lovebirds FINALLY get hitched!
I've known Tim since 1995 when he would hang out with my Boyfriend's roommate a bunch. We lost touch for several years in-between, but imagine my surprise in 2001 when
Timmer showed up to view my apartment when I was moving upstairs with Em on Indian Road! It was that night that I first met his girlfriend of a few years, Laura. I liked her right away :) A few years later, Tim moved out of one apartment to move in to another one upstairs with Laura and I moved back in to the apartment that he originally moved in to after me...
... Now it's 2008 and Tim proposed to Laura by the
Humber River, so it only made sense to have their big day at the Old Mill. I've never been there for a wedding before, and I have to say, I was really impressed! The chapel was so cozy and intimate and it was so much fun to explore the place while their photos were being taken. Tim and his Groomsmen looked so handsome and Laura was an absolute STUNNER. My new buddy,
Rebeca, and I couldn't stop talking about how lovely her wedding dress was. Regrettably, I wasn't clever enough to get a better picture than this... but you get the picture...

This is me and my
bud,
Rebecca. We totally abused the
dance floor! I love how
Kirb and the guys are in absolute stitches in the background -
yay table 12!

I had the rare treat of re-wearing a bridesmaids dress!
Jenners was so clever when she picked such a classic little number for her bridesmaids earlier this year :) I just switched the sash out for a cute little glittery belt from H&M and covered up a bit with a wee shrug from the same place! It's kind of hard to make out in the picture above but I even jazzed up my hair with a
fastenator that I've actually had in my collection for years, but never got the chance to wear... until last night!
Whilst exploring the hallway, we came across this throne which I forced Kirby to pose on. I posed too, but I can't figure out how to move around the pictures on Blogspot after I've already uploaded them. Sometimes I can cut and paste, sometimes I can't. It's a real pickle.

This is me and and just some of the crew from table 12. The whole table agreed that table 12 was probably the best wedding table ever! Tim and Laura did a great job hooking us up like that :)

This is me,
Kirb and the groom, Timmer! The guys
picked up the colour of the bridesmaids dresses via their ties. Quite clever.

Ah, table 12 at its best: Aaron, Kirby, Me,
Rebecca, John and Paul.

There I am on the throne!

This is me sitting by the hearth. GREAT shot of the
fastenator!This was actually taken at the beginning of the day when we were on our way to the Old Mill. One subway stop. Bless.

It was just such a perfect day and I just know that Tim and Laura will be happy together forever. Hmmm... I wonder whose wedding will be next. Ahem.
xo K
1 comment:
You wore the black belt! The white one was SOOO cute... but you looked lovely regardless! :)
Post a Comment