Wednesday, October 8, 2008

OUR Left Feet - A Pictorial Comparison

Just last weekend, my buddy, Maya, had quite the spill at a ball hockey tournament. Regrettably, I wasn't there to witness the incident go down, but thanks to technology, we can see the status of the bruising via the world wild web...

... I TOO had quite a spill a few years ago. Regrettably, my story isn't nearly as admirable :( I went out for a few pints with my buddies, and insisted on walking home in my new flippers (FAKE crock thongs - bright green a pink - what ever were we thinking, Hil?!) and I insisted on popping in to the Pet Valu to pet the kittens. It was as I was leaving the store and trying to coordinate my bags, the bundle buddy (we call her Rhubarb) and my new flippers that it happened - I took a TERRIBLE spill on the ramp outside! I was so embarrassed, I got myself up and hobbled to the curb to hail a cab...

But that's old news, I thought it would be fun to do a pictorial editorial of OUR left feet - you just know you're meant to be friends to the end when you BOTH go through the same pain! There's nothing that brings a friendship together like it! I suppose that's kind of morbid. I suppose joy brings a friendship together too :)

And now, for the pictorial editorial:

This is my left foot the day after the incident. I was holed up making stupid sock creatures for the first few days (http://www.stupidcreatures.com/)

And this is Maya's left foot the day after HER incident. Note the puffiness and the bruising making its way in... Also note her super cool bathroom floor!

This is my left foot a few days after the incident. I dragged it out to Amanda's birthday party only to sit close to the front door and declare to every new guest that, "I'm lame, I'm lame!"

JESUS! Maya got it real bad ALL the way up her calf!

This was the weekend after the incident. It was my Brother's birthday. I was sitting at a stool at Mack's whilst resting my left foot on Hil's knee.

---

Well, it has been over a year now, and my left foot is feeling MUCH better! Sometimes it aches in the rain (not really though, but I've always wanted to say that!) I will continue to monitor the progress of my buddy's left foot and report back when necessary.

xo K

1 comment:

maya C said...

I love it! We are gimpy sisters!

mxo

About Me

My photo
Red hair, blue eyes, loves her fella, her cat and neighbourhood, and the brand new boots she just bought. Seriously. They feel like slippers.