Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Famlentines Day Weekend

On Saturday afternoon, my fella took me out for the most delicious lunch at Kingsway Fish & Chips to celebrate Valentine's Day! We both ordered the FULL lunch that included soup, fish, chips and a cold (and always refreshing) coca-cola. After lunch, we went to the library where I loaded up on photography books and Kirb added to his collection of text books that read like Greek to me...

Our next stop was my new favourite place to go, the Crooked Cue! I love the decor, and overall feel of the place. We snagged a spot by the HUGE window overlooking Bloor Street, but couldn't resist moving over to these super comfy chairs next to the roaring fireplace (ok, the fireplace wasn't "roaring" but saying so sure makes this Valentine's story MUCH more romantic, don't ya think?)

Talk about romance, lookit this face.... Sigh...

I had the camera out for most of the afternoon, and made many artsy attempts, but a lot of them fell flat. I blame the harsh sunlight.

One of the photography books I borrowed from the library taught me that clouds add much needed interest to often mundane outdoor photographs. Alas, I hadn't gotten to that part of the book before I took this pic of Kirb at Ro-Yo and Bloor... I think his cute face makes up for it though :)

The Kingsway is back! Hil and I saw "Milk" on Thursday night (so good) and Amanda and I went to see "Rachel Getting Married" back in December (meh.)

I couldn't resist snapping a photo of this sign that someone (obviously a child) posted on the window of the local Vet's office. I used to have an "orenge long ferd kitty" but, sadly, she was hit by a car and killed when I was 13 years-old.

I walk by this vet every morning on the way in to work - imagine my delight yesterday when I saw a little critter just like this one running around the waiting room!

OBVIOUSLY I had to go in to introduce myself, but the receptionist was too busy on the phone to make a proper introduction. He was there again this morning (so he must be her pet) but I was running late, so I couldn't stop in to say, "hello." I'll have to switch up my morning routine to include a little love for this little guy...

xo K

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shower pics! Shower pics! That is my vote for your next blog entry. Kirby and that dog are both very cute. awwww.

About Me

My photo
Red hair, blue eyes, loves her fella, her cat and neighbourhood, and the brand new boots she just bought. Seriously. They feel like slippers.