Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Signs that you are in Etobicoke

On Sunday morning, Kirb and I went out for our MUCH anticipated breakfast date at the Zellers restaurant in Cloverdale Mall! As expected, the meal was delicious. Kirby ordered the "Big Z" which includes: eggs, sausages, toast, pancakes, hash browns AND coffee. I managed to sneak a pancake off his plate when he wasn't looking... OK, he actually GAVE me the pancake, but I thought the sneaky version of the story would "up" the drama quotient of this post. Call me crazy. Crazy.

After breakfast, we toodled around Cloverdale then head to Scruffy Murphy's for MINI PITCHER SUNDAYS!! Bless. I swear that there is WAY more beer in that little pitcher than just a pint and a half, but Kirb insists that I'm wrong. I like it better when I'm right.

We thought that we'd live on the edge and head back to Kippy station by foot. Also, Kirby wanted to pick up a new plant for Cal at Crappy Tire. The walk to the subway brought back so many memories - I wish I took more pictures!

Ah, good ol' Honeydale. Dad used to do the family groceries every Saturday at Food Basics in the mall. John and I would fight over who would get to go with him. At the time, my allowance was a WHOPPING $5 - I would spend every last cent at the dollar store and in the candy machines.

Don't let the funky font on the Festival Market sign fool you - it's a nightmare! A few months ago, Mom dragged me there cuz one of the gang from the Y&R was there signing autographs, and answering questions from the crowd. I didn't buy in to it for a second and told Mom that if, in fact, Phyliss Newman is appearing at the Festival Market in Honeydale Mall, she should fire her publicist. Mom was right - she was there. I like it better when I'm right.

Here's the front of Honeydale and the back of Kirby (pretty cute, huh?) The flashing bumblebees were removed from the entrance way a few months back - I'm KICKING myself that I didn't snap a picture before they were removed...


All paths lead to Sherway...

Bowlerama.

Who goes bowling at 4 a.m.?!

God bless good ol' Etobicoke. The true west strong and free :)
xo K

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Red hair, blue eyes, loves her fella, her cat and neighbourhood, and the brand new boots she just bought. Seriously. They feel like slippers.