It all started a few Saturday's ago when Kirb surprised me by asking me out for an impromptu date at 8:00 p.m. We didn't have far to go as the cafe is just a hop-skip-and-a-jump from our place. We got a great spot by the window, and I ordered a cafe mocha along with a slab of cheesecake for the two of us to share - it was pure heaven. Seriously, I'm salivating just thinking about it. Since then, I've been back a bunch of times - Mom and I have shared a brownie cheesecake, Hil and I have shared a GIGANTIC scoop of mint chocolate chip ice cream served in a HUGE waffle cone, and my most recent visit was with Maya last night (where we each ordered our own dessert.)
As usual, I had my camera on hand, so I asked Maya if I could snap a few pictures of her with her fancy "citrus tea." We were seated a few spots away from the front door so the evening sun cast the most beautiful light on her face.
On another note, I've been reading a GREAT book that I picked up from the library called, "Beyond Portraiture: Creative People Photography" by Bryan Peterson. I'm really REALLY enjoying it; this man writes in a way that I can totally grasp. For instance, he calls the F11 aperture the, "Who cares!" aperture (because it should be used when depth of field isn't an issue with the subject you're shooting.) After Ugly Betty last night, I logged on to his web site www.ppsop.com and checked out his "Perfect Picture Tips." I was totally surprised by the way he looked on camera; it wasn't how I pegged him to look AT ALL when I was reading his book. Now I'm tempted to sign up for some of his on-line photo courses, but I suppose I'll have to wait to see if the tax man is good to me first...
Let me know if you're interested in a little sweet something; I'm always up for a date at Caffé Demetre :)
xo K

No comments:
Post a Comment