We got up early to meet Peter and his wife at the Nob and head up Islington to Kleinburg, Ontario to check out the McMichael Gallery (http://www.mcmichael.com/) Our biggest draw was the Yousuf Karsh exhibit. I purposely didn't read up on him before I went; I wanted to view his portraits with virgin eyes (if that makes any sense?) The weather was pretty wet and dreary so it was hard to snap any pictures around the building - In hindsight, I should've just whipped out the waterproof point and shoot, but I was too busy juggling my brolly and avoiding puddles... excuses excuses... I AM the master ;)
... We met the group in the lobby of the Gallery, and from there, went directly to the Karsh exhibit. It was incredible. Kirby pointed out how he (Karsh) had such an appreciation of the human face, how it ages and how beauty is perceived so differently in today's society; we're so obsessed with fighting the aging process tooth and nail...
... The way I see it? Aging is something that we have no control over, so why waste time agonizing about it? We should be thankful that we've survived yet another year and proud of everything that we've learned just from living it. Every line, every wrinkle, every sun spot, and skin tag tells your story. Quite deep.
After a few hours at the gallery, our stomachs led the way to the cutest little cafe on the main drag in Kleinburg. Kirb and I got there first so we managed to score the choice seats by the window. The overcast lighting outside reflected off the stark white tabletops inside provided the perfect light to snap a few shots.
Kirb enjoying a well deserved coffee break.
Kirb's coffee cup looking pensive.

3 comments:
This is me. Commenting on your blog. Commenting away. That's all I got.
Oh and nice pics.
Cool cool.
most people have a dominant side - left or right and your facial features are larger on that side. soooo your left eye is slightly smaller perhaps but it's the same with most people!!
Post a Comment