Heather was determined to have her baby at home in her own bed, and if any of you know Heather, you'll know that when she sets her mind to something, nothing stands in her way! After 40 hours of labour (20 of it being "hard labour") she gave birth to one of the most beautiful little girls I think I've ever seen! Here's a pic I stole off of facebook:
Heather had a pretty tough pregnancy; she was sick almost every day, but the payoff was not only a beautiful little girl, but also only a mere 15 pounds of baby weight to lose!
Everyone was convinced that she was having a boy. Even Heather and Eric were so convinced that they painted the nursery blue! Right around her due date (March 14) I started having dreams about the delivery, and in every dream, the baby was a girl! Heather didn't want to find out the sex beforehand because she figured that not knowing would make the labour just a wee bit easier to get through (you know, for the big surprise at the end!)
Here's another shot I stole from facebook. I have never seen Eric look so handsome and proud in a photograph (seriously he usually has his eyes crossed or has an inappropriate finger sticking up in the air!)
And here's a picture that I took of the whole family just before Heather's baby shower. I can't wait to go to London and recreate this exact pose, but with little Iris on the outside world!
Congratulations Heather and Eric!!!
xo Auntie Kate


1 comment:
Iris can't wait to meet her auntie Kate!!! xxoo!!
Post a Comment