Thursday, March 26, 2009

These are the Letters in my Neighbourhood

One of our final assignments for photography class was to explore the city looking for letters in every day objects (all the while taking pictures of them, of course!) The letters could be in any form: cursive, lowercase, uppercase, upside down, or even backwards. The challenge was to find the entire alphabet and figure out an effective medium to display it. I thought I'd challenge myself even further and look for letters on the journey between my old neighbourhood (Roncies/High Park) and new (the K-way.)

I spent countless evenings and weekends exploring back alleyways and often dragging friends with me along the way. There was no better feeling than the satisfaction of FINALLY finding the perfect letter, and to think, each letter has its own story!

And now, for the unveiling...Ahem... May I present, "These are the Letters in my Neighbourhood" (click on the image for a larger version.)

I'm so happy with the final results and I can't WAIT to show it off in class next week! The only downside is now the project is done, but I keep seeing letters EVERYWHERE! And to think, I still have two more projects to complete by next Tuesday - eep!

xo K

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's is freakin' AWESOME!!!

Snouters said...

Ah, thanks Cous'!

About Me

My photo
Red hair, blue eyes, loves her fella, her cat and neighbourhood, and the brand new boots she just bought. Seriously. They feel like slippers.