Friday, February 15, 2008

The Day After Valentine's

Kirb and I had a lovely Valentine's day. We went on a hot date to the Roost (the bar at our local Swiss Chalet.) I stuck to my diet, and Kirb drank a frothy-ice-cold beer in front of me and I wasn't even tempted to take a sip! Have I mentioned that I gave up beer for Lent? I figure it's a great excuse to not suck up all my WW points...

... I'm doing SO well on the whole WW thing! I had lost 2.2 pounds at this week's weigh in and I'm being super careful about what I eat. I even had a mini panic attack last week when I realized I hadn't had enough vegetables one day. I even went as far as to stand in the super long line up at No Frills to buy a bag of mini carrots. Granted, I didn't eat them, but the effort was there!

Oh, and in super cool news, one of my best pals, Jenners, asked me to be in her wedding party. I was totally shocked; I didn't fathom for a minute that she's ask me, but she did, and I accepted, and yay!

I have a sneaky suspicion that my fella is here - he is!

I've been working on a real special craft for my Brother's 1 year wedding anniversary. I won't divulge any secrets (just in case he actually read this thing) but I will take photos and post at a later date - stay tuned!

On that note, I shall share some funny pics that Kirb took of me on our trip to Southhampton's museum this summer...

... This painting was so VERY lifelike - I thought the squid was popping out from the picture for a full on attack. Not really though.


It was hot outside, but it sure felt cold beside this exhibit.

Now THIS was more like it.

Truly, I slay me.

HAPPY FAMILY DAY WEEKEND!!

xox Kate

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Red hair, blue eyes, loves her fella, her cat and neighbourhood, and the brand new boots she just bought. Seriously. They feel like slippers.