I haven't been up this late on a work night in for-ev-er. Man, I can remember going out right after work every night and staying out till the wee hours. Then I'd roll out of bed the next morning and somehow do it all over again. I remember one day in particular. I suppose I was 21 or so. I remember this one day (or two, I suppose) right down to the very minute:
6:30 a.m. Wake up at my apartment near Ossington and Bloor and head to my Nanny gig in Etobicoke.
8:00 a.m. The parents leave, I spend the day with the kids - feed them, do a few crafts, the usual stuff.
5:00 p.m. Thank GOD the parents are home and I can head home and watch a little TV, hang out and the like.
6:00 p.m. My background agent calls me at home (Ossie and Bloor) to see if I can run over to a shoot in Etobicoke (where I just came from) ASAP. My roommate just happened to be on set, so I figured it might be fun!
6:02 p.m. Get in a fight with my really weird landlord, Eduardo, who also lived with us, but wasn't there a lot and when he was there, it was just weird... Oh ya, the fight... I had a cat, Neuman, who he insisted should be an outdoor Tom cat while I insisted he should stay indoors (or outside accompanied by me.) Eduardo threatens to let him outside for the night, I beg him not to and rush out the door.
6:55 p.m. Arrive on set for what turns out to be a 12 hour day. It was actually the Keg party scene in Urban Legend. The song, "Roller Coaster of Love", played continuously throughout the night. Seriously, over and over and over again... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-6cp3uqmQ4
12:00 a.m. "Lunch" is served. It's ALWAYS "lunch" on set no matter what time of day it is.
6:00 a.m. We're wrapped.
6:35 a.m. I'm over at my friend's house having a shower.
8:00 a.m. I report to Nannydom. Luckily, it's only a half day. I manage to stay awake until...
12:00 p.m. ...Thank GOD the parents are home and I can head home and watch a little TV, hang out and the like.
12:52 p.m. I arrive home to find out that Eduardo had "accidentally" let Neuman out and he hasn't seen him since last night.
12:53 p.m. I turn in to someone that I've never seen before. I am delirious. I am unable to string together a rational thought. In hindsight, the cat was a Tom, he probably would've figured out how to get home, but I hadn't slept and couldn't see upside down or left side up.
1:25 p.m. A missing cat flyer was made and posted throughout the neighbourhood. Tears running down my face, while I was crying hysterically. It must've been a real sight.
1:26 - 5:54 p.m. is a blur... I must've been upstairs huddled in the fetal position - I'm telling you, like someone I've never seen before!
5:55 p.m. I lie down.
5:57 p.m. Neuman wakes me when he jumps on the bed.
I have now exhausted myself with all that detail. I suppose it's time for bed.
xoK
A blog about life through the eyes of a cute and crafty red head who's always on the verge of her next chapter...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Snouters
- Red hair, blue eyes, loves her fella, her cat and neighbourhood, and the brand new boots she just bought. Seriously. They feel like slippers.
No comments:
Post a Comment