Kirb recently took this photo of me. Message TOTALLY received, eh? I must admit, I had a thoroughly enjoyable festive season, but it's time to get serious and take good care of this here bod of mine. We only live once, and I wanna make sure that I'm around for many years to come (mostly to torment Kirb - brahahahahahaha!)
My pal and I at work signed up to the local lunch hour Weight Watchers meeting (from here forward referred to as WW.) I was on the program a few years ago, and it made a real difference. It feels so much better to put good stuff on your body rather than bad. Sure, I still get a little wild and blow my points out of the water after some nights, but I’ll no longer use that as an excuse to get lazy again. I’m thinking of taking up yoga, but fear that it might turn out like my brief experience with karate as a child. The horse stance (you know, the one where you stand there with your legs apart, and knees bent…) made me quite gassy. I fear that being in a room with people and stretching my body in all sorts of poses will make a fool of me! Kirb suggested that we get a tape to do together at home, but I just know how that will turn out…
To be honest, I've been having trouble getting in to this whole blog thing. BUT, I really want to have a record of this time in my life, and as I've said in the past, I'm not quite sure why my penmanship has gotten worse and worse throughout the years, but I simply don't find writing cursive a pleasure anymore. My how the world has changed! Imagine there was a time when teachers would tie little lefty's hand behind his back and force him to write with his right. Rumour has it that my Gram tried to pull that with me, but eventually gave up due to my heartfelt desire to remain left-handed. I do everything else with my right hand though. Queer.
You know, it's funny... I think of all the things that I was so self conscious about in high school, and I realize now, what a waste of time. It's like that song, "I wish that I knew what I know now, when I was younger..." Great, now that song will be stuck in my head until I can rummage up another one to take its place. But seriously though, I would agonize about that zit on my chin, and now when I get one I’m all like, “right on, I’m still so very youthful!” I have to say, aging is so much fun!
MORE IMPORTANTLY - NEWS FLASH!!! I found one of THE most FUNNEST web site EVER!!! http://www.ksolo.com/ It is BEYOND fun! Ok, I've hyped this up a lot haven't I? Kirb and I have spent countless hours singing duets in front of it - pure joy.
I hosted a karaoke night for a friend’s company party a few weeks ago. The attire for the evening was "dressy jean." I was told to wear a shirt that I would wear to a "chic club." If you know me at all, you will know darn well that I'm not a frequenter of "chic clubs." Thank GOD I had a gift certificate to Forever 21 - http://www.forever21.com/ - I managed to find TWO "chic club" shirts and felt quite confident in my get-up. I got to get my hair and make-up done prior to show time. First, it was blown out, then it was teased HUGE, then it was pinned up and my bangs were pushed in the opposite direction than my bangs usually want to go. Several times throughout the evening I had to stop myself from tilting my head to the side that the bangs were now falling. And yes, I had a neck cramp the next day! I opened the show up with cabaret. Take THAT, Simon Cowell. Overall, it was a blast. Moral of the story... I'm feeling the desire to perform again.
AND SINCE WE'RE ON THE TOPIC OF SIGNS!!! I saw the current reigning Canadian Idol, Brian Mello, twice in a span of 72 hours a few weeks ago!! I think I can refer to him on a first name basis now. "Hey Bri-guy, what's up?"
OK, I must go and make some lunch now. Farewell.
XOX Kate

No comments:
Post a Comment