Dave picked us up in his CLASSIC '91 Chrysler New Yorker promptly at 10:15 Saturday morning (Kirb didn't tell me it was red!!) The weather was daunting, but that didn't discourage us in the least; we were just so excited to be getting out of the city for an ENTIRE week of beachin', boozin' and babes (I couldn't think of another B word.)

Look at that super roomy backseat. I swear I felt just like Avril Lavigne.

I couldn't resist acting like an a-hole just a wee bit.
The weather started to get pretty wet about 3/4 of the way of the drive there. Regrettably, at the very same time, our trusty CLASSIC '91 Chrysler New Yorker decided to poop out in the whole windshield wiper department. One minute we had full wiper action and the next it just stopped - mid-wipe. We stopped at a gas station by the side of the highway to see if there was anything they could suggest, but all they had to offer was the fact that the wiper motor was dead and it would take weeks to get the right motor in to replace it. As luck would have it, I hang out with a couple of crafty Dave's who came up with a much better idea - Tie a string to one end of the wiper closest to the passenger seat and one Dave pull up when one Dave pulls down. Great, that sounded dirty; I think video is in order...

We managed to get there in one piece and got right to relaxing. Check out the wallpaper boarder in the kitchen - Ah, the fox, such a gentle and mysterious creature.

Like I mentioned above, the weather was quite daunting. Kirb took this picture of me after we made a pit-stop at Giant Tiger (I bought that top I'm wearing along with that super cute purse I'm carrying.) It had been raining all day and the sky was really cloudy, but the smell of fresh air and the soothing sound of the waves crashing on the shore of Lake Huron seemed to chase all the clouds away.

This is Dave and I enjoying said smell of fresh air and soothing sounds of the waves crashing on the shore of Lake Huron.

This is me trying to spook Kirb and Dave by making spooky sounds and clopping around on the beach. I don't think they were very spooked.

On the way down to the shore, Dave stumbled upon this beauty of a ring lying in the middle of the sidewalk. I promptly snatched it from him and declared it as mine. FINDERS KEEPERS! I don't think he really minded though.

Check out the reflection of the water and sunset in the window. Sigh. Oh, and me acting like an a-hole ;)
xo K
No comments:
Post a Comment