We stopped for a few pics along the way. I wore that shirt for the majority of the trip; it was just so cozy.
My bladder was acting up (ok, so I had two beers before we left) so I had to make a pit stop at the bathroom along the way - I stumbled upon this beauty outside the stall .
Finally, we reached our destination. I'm not usually one for scenic shots, but hot DAMN.
I discovered a ton of shells amongst the rocks and went on to collect them with the intention of making a beautiful shell necklace.*
Kirb got a hold of my camera and started getting all experimental with the settings n' shit. Or perhaps I'm not giving him enough credit. Perhaps he's just got an "eye" and is really super artsy. Whatever the case, I LOVE this shot.
Eventually the heat was too much to bear so we headed towards the forest for the comfort of the shade.There were these really cool rocks there so I told Kirb to take a picture of me.
Now that he was truly in the mood, I managed to get a self portrait shoot out of him. Dave decided he'd be the Assistant and use the Frisbee as the light reflector thing - I have to say, he might be on to something...Eventually, it was time to head back to the cottage. We took an "alternative" route home, and came across A FULL SET OF FINGERNAILS along with the glue CRUSHED into the middle of the sidewalk!? I'm sorry, but WHAT THE HELL?! My imagination OBVIOUSLY got the better of me and I pictured some sort of crazy brawl between two estranged lovers with nothing to lose, but a few artificial nails... Although I DID just read an article in my rag-mag about the most BRUTAL celebrity divorces, so that's probably why I'm thinking the worst...
Again, my imagination got the better of me when we saw THIS sign. Kirb leaned over and whispered in my ear, "And THIS would be the gay strip of Port Elgin." While I was in mid hoot AND holler, the owner of the establishment came stumbling towards me saying, "You like my sign, eh? I didn't name the place; that's what it was called when I bought it." I was all, like, "Cool cool."
Finally we got back to the cottage and Kirb made me the most lovely fire. I liked how it kept my toes so super toasty.
xo K
* I never did make that necklace, but I still have the shells.
A blog about life through the eyes of a cute and crafty red head who's always on the verge of her next chapter...
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Port Elgin, 2008 - The Second Day
After a full breakfast at JC's Diner (Kirb wouldn't let me take pictures that early in the morning) we led Dave down Market Street towards Port Elgin's beautiful rock shore.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(97)
-
▼
August
(20)
- WW Update
- Who YOU Callin' Artsy?
- So VERY Life-like
- Who's a Pretty Girl?
- ATTACK!
- Saugeen Shores Treasures
- Port Elgin, 2008 - The Last Day :(
- Port Elgin, 2008 - Jenn and Alex Arrive!
- Port Elgin, 2008 - Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
- Port Elgin, 2008 - The Third Day
- Port Elgin, 2008 - The Second Day
- Port Elgin, 2008 - The First Day
- I'm BA-ack...
- The House
- Dinner with the Girls
- The Shower
- Fire Crackers!!
- Love Quote
- George at the BBQ
- The Pets
-
▼
August
(20)
About Me
- Snouters
- Red hair, blue eyes, loves her fella, her cat and neighbourhood, and the brand new boots she just bought. Seriously. They feel like slippers.
No comments:
Post a Comment