Thursday, August 21, 2008

Port Elgin, 2008 - The Third Day

First thing Monday morning, Kirb and I got up and headed straight for the local Timmy Ho's for some much needed fuel! After that, we went to Canadian Tire to purchase a portable charcoal BBQ (since the one at the cottage left a lot to be desired.) We walked through the back streets of town to check out the homes and pretend they were ours - sigh.

Once we got back to the cottage, Dave was up and rearing to go! We hopped in his Classic '91 Chrysler New Yorker and took off to South Hampton to buy a few cases of beer and check out the indoor market. I was on the hunt for some paint brushes and paint so I could decorate some of the rocks I picked up on the shore the day before. I also bought two of those clay money jars - one says, "Beer Money" (I'm keeping it, of course!) and the other says, "Casino Money" (a gift for Kirb's folks.)

After our errands were run, we went back to the cottage and I got to painting. I got bored pretty quickly and abandoned my project to start snapping pics around the garden.

This is me looking bored of my project.

This is Kirb preparing our big send off feast for Dave! There's something about a homemade burger on a charcoal BBQ - delicious!

This is me pretending that I was absorbed in my crafty project when REALLY I just wanted to get out of doing any work in the kitchen!

I snapped this picture when I thought no one was looking, but Kirby quickly clued in and dragged me in to the kitchen kicking and screaming (not really though.)

I'm much more talented behind the lens than behind a grill so I made the best of said talent by taking video of Kirb cooking. I was kinda sneaky and made him think I was planning to take a picture when REALLY I was video taping him looking funny holding the pose. I caved quickly because I couldn't bear watching how uncomfortable he looked!


After dinner, John and Leanne popped in for a quick, "hello!" John had recently purchased these sandals at Walmart - One sandal would hiss with every step he took. It was quite funny, but regrettably, the video doesn't do the joke justice :( On the other hand, Kirb discovered my secret stash of bogus Nerds. I can't get away with anything anymore :(

xo K

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Red hair, blue eyes, loves her fella, her cat and neighbourhood, and the brand new boots she just bought. Seriously. They feel like slippers.