Friday, August 22, 2008

Port Elgin, 2008 - Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday

On Tuesday morning, John picked us up bright and early to head to the Keady Market in Tara, Ontario: http://www.keadylivestock.com/ We've been going to the market almost every summer since we were kids; there's always all sorts of treasure to be found! For instance, I picked up a really cool cowboy lamp with a real plastic horse nailed to the base as well as a pair of salt and pepper shakers shaped like fish - I think I'll start a collection! Kirb nabbed a vintage Pac-Man game and a bunch of other electronic do-hickeys that I have no idea how to use. And John pet the kittens, so everyone was happy!

The market was packed that day and it was super hot out. My lily white skin can't take a lot of sun and heat so I made sure to slather myself with 50 SPF, and keep my head, eyes and shoulders covered. Kirb even let me borrow his favourite hat!

There's always a great selection of home-grown fruits and veggies - One stand sold 2 little bushels of berries for $5 flat. The lady selling them had all sorts of clever catch phrases such as, "Have a BERRY nice day." and "Any 2 for 5 dollars - pick and choose, pick and choose!"

Later that day we hit the beach with John for swimming, burgers and a box of family sized fries. I swear there were enough fries in that box to feed the entire beach!

On Wednesday, Kirb and I hit the Wisemer Pub's patio in Port Elgin. I didn't like anything they had on draft so I pounded back a few of my "fancy" beers. When we got back to the cottage, I went for a nap while Kirb lounged in the yard. Cousin Heather popped in to say "hello", but Kirb had a heck of a time trying to drag me out of bed. He finally did, but I was so disoriented, I can't even recall what we talked about :(

On Thursday we met John, Leanne, Heather, Aunt B. and Uncle I. for dinner at the Walker House and Cruisers Cruise night in Southampton.

I quickly made friends with the local pooches - this fella was my favourite, Bones!

Check out his eyes - two different colours!

After dinner, we went down to the beach for a wee photo shoot of the family enjoying one of Southampton's famous sunsets. There was a LOT of posin'!

Posin'.
Posin'
Mid-pose.
Sexy Cousin posin'

More sexy Cousin posin'

Me showing off the skills I've picked up from America's Next Top Model.

This one's kind of hard to make out, but trust me, I look hot, and Heather looks happy and the sunset is just so beautiful... I had to post it.

Unfortunately, I took my antics a little too far...

... and fell in to the lake mid-pose.

The gang thought this was REALLY funny and insisted on taking photos of my shame the entire time.

Luckily, Kirb brought an extra shirt so I didn't have to sit in my wet tee and freeze the entire drive home. Lesson learned!

On Friday, Jenn and Alex arrived, but I'll tell you all about that in my next post.

xo K

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Red hair, blue eyes, loves her fella, her cat and neighbourhood, and the brand new boots she just bought. Seriously. They feel like slippers.