Tina picked me up at the Oshawa Go-Train station at 11:00 a.m. We headed directly to Jess's house to help with the set-up. The girls spent the night before prepping for the big day, so to be honest, there wasn't much setting up to do. Jess put Joelene and I in charge of setting up the pop tent. The name makes it sound so easy, like it should just "pop" up or something, but I tell ya, it was like trying to learn a foreign language. We eventually gave up when two of the supporting bars easily snapped in our hands - too bad because it sure would've come in handy later on in the day :(
Since the other girls were so on the ball, I decided to take this opportunity to snap a few pics of the little people in the wedding party...
This would be the flower girl, Kylie Corner and the ring bearer, Brenden Powell. I like to call this shot, "The Blanket Face-off."
Check out her haul! I've tried convincing Kirb to marry me (if even for the presents alone) but no dice :(
I love all the action going on in this shot! That's Jenn and Joelene opening a card in the background while Brenden "assists" by tearing at the presents she hasn't opened yet. That's Tara's hand in the foreground trying to undo the damage done.
This is the Jenn and her Grandma Betty. Check out the brown eyes... could they BE any more related?
This is Jenn having a real hoot during the "How well do you know the Bride and Groom" game. I wish I could recall what was so darned funny...
I ADORE this shot of Jenn and two of her Bridesmaids, Joelene and Jess. Jenners just couldn't get enough of her bridal shower hat. I was in charge of affixing the bows to the plate, and I'll tell ya something, people do NOT use enough bows any more! The next time you're invited to a bridal shower, take my advice and slather your gift with bows (the person in charge of making the hat will thank you for it!)
Again with the hat!
This is the Groom-to-be, Alex. Isn't he a cutie?! Us ladies we SO scared that he'd buckle under the pressure and spill the beans about the surprise party to Jenn, but he didn't! Sorry, Alex; we should've had more faith in you ;)
This is the GORGEOUS cake that Tina made. I heard it was delicious too (I didn't partake as I've got to make sure I can actually fit in to my bridesmaid's dress for the wedding - eek!)
The line-up for the buffet.And finally for the best part of the day, the moment we all surprised Jenn! We arranged it so Jess's Mom was on the front lawn playing with Kylie when Jenn, Alex and Meaghan FINALLY arrived. She was told to yell out something about the baby as they were approaching the gate so we would all know to be super quiet. The lead-up was UNBEARABLE. Check out Tara beside me with her camera all positioned and ready to go. I swear my hand had sympathy cramps for her!
OK, so THIS is really the EXACT moment when we all surprised Jenn. She was SO confused - she couldn't figure out what the heck was going on! This video documents me running towards her to let her in on the big secret, "Welcome to your Bridal Shower!"
And now for the Bachelorette - God help us all!
xo K



No comments:
Post a Comment