Friday, August 22, 2008

Port Elgin, 2008 - Jenn and Alex Arrive!

Jenn and Alex managed to get the afternoon off work and arrived on our doorstep at 5:00 p.m. In anticipation of their arrival, Kirb and I prepared a delicious feast of ribs and burgers and salads and BEER!! After our tummy's were full, we hit the beach to check out the sunset. Kirb and Alex jumped right in the lake and swam to the pier to join the local kids who knew all the best diving spots. Jenn and I got bored of watching them pretty quickly so we left all their stuff on the beach and went to the ice-cream stand to indulge... just a little. Oh boy, I just remembered that I bought maple fudge too and ate most of it myself!

Can you guess which gams are mine?

I must've taken this picture after telling a super funny joke; Jenner's in stitches!

Once the boys finished their swim they joined us on the boardwalk to take in the breathtaking sunset. I always love the light at this time of day in Port Elgin; so pretty.

Tender anyone?

We climbed over the ledge to get as close to the water as possible.

Oh Alex...

Suddenly, everyone was mesmerized...

Sigh...

...The next day, it was time to head to Southampton for the much anticipated 150th birthday festivities! The four of us went to Jerry's Beach - it was just as beautiful as Aunt B. described! We sat meters away from the shore and flapped around in the water here and there to cool off.

Kirb and I. Post flap.

After our romp in the lake we went downtown to check out all the 150th anniversary festivities. I wanted to take the gang to Duffy's, but unfortunately, it was 1:55 p.m. and they were closed from 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. We hauled ass over to the legion to join the old-timers and their festivities. They welcomed us with open arms. I've gotta say, I've never had a bad experience at any legion and today was no different. The lady that worked there offered us a plate of delightful bite-sized sandwiches. For FREE! Our fella's drank OV from the tap whilst Jenn and I started out classy (with ceasers) but quickly moved on to domestic bottles due to just common sense...

Regrettably, I forgot to charge my camera battery the night before so I couldn't get much footage of this glorious day.

Luckily, I had just enough power left to get one picture of the HUGE octopus kite...

***

.. And take TWO videos at the BEEF BBQ BASH!! The original plan was to go to the dance, but we changed our minds at the last minute and opted to go to the Beef BBQ Bash at the Arena Annex in Southampton. I have never seen so many silver haired people and beef in one room at the same time in my entire life. It was truly magical.

*** OH MY GOD!! Was that a PROPOSAL!!!

Stay tuned...

xo K

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Red hair, blue eyes, loves her fella, her cat and neighbourhood, and the brand new boots she just bought. Seriously. They feel like slippers.